The iOS Version starting with 2020.11 will support playing Video, Photo and Subtitles content from a SanDisk iXpand Drive (Amazon Affiliate Link). It may not be appropriate for everyone, but if you have a large amount of VR 180 content and you’re Phone’s memory can’t handle it all, an external drive may be the solution for you.
- Save a large amount of movies & images to an external device
- Transfer files via you’re computer
- Keep content off shared devices
- Please ensure you’re Cardboard device has space for the drive to be poking out the side
- The same restrictions as local content still apply, videos must be formatted appropriately