Instructions for Quest Edition
Create a custom skybox
- Install Unity, minimal version 2021.3.3f1
- The HUB version makes upgrading easier
- Download this Git Repository
- Open the downloaded Git Repository with Unity
- For 2D background replace the file Assets/Input/2D/image.jpg with your own Spherical image
- Keep the image under 4096×4096
- You don’t need to maintain the aspect ratio
- You need to replace the file Assets/Input/2D/Preview.png with your own preview image
- This should be a simple view of the skybox or something to symbolize it
- Image shall be 128×128 in size
- Transparency is allowed
- Modify the JSON file Assets/Input/2D/info.json with information about the Skybox
- Version should be “1.0”
- Name should be the simple description of your skybox. Less then 64 characters in length
- Author should be your identity, like John Smith. Less then 64 characters in length
- License isn’t really used, but you can write something here
- Description should be a long description of the skybox
- Execute the build process by using the menu action Assets/Build 2B Skybox
- You may need to execute this a few times
- Look in the folder Assets/Output/2D and a file skybox.skizip should exist, if it doesn’t run the previous step again
- This skyzip file is what you need to distribute, and you should change the front part of the name to make more sense, like city.skyzip.
Using the custom skybox
- To install the skyzip file, copy the file over to your Quest
- For example put it inside the devices Downloads folder.
- Then inside Mobile VR Station browse the Local Content / Downloads folder and select your skyzip file.
- The current background will change.
Uninstalling a custom skybox
- In the App open the Settings menu
- Choose the backgrounds item
- Find your custom skybox, it should be near the bottom
- If the custom background is active, then you can’t delete it. Activate another background first.
- Click the Edit Icon on the right side
- Select Delete File
- Select Confirm Delete